Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 20/03/18
Keith said a few words about Clive Addison, who passed away on 22nd February. Born in 1933 in Moorsholm, he was the eldest of 5 brothers. On leaving school, he worked on farms including his father’s before becoming a farmer himself. He was married for 62 years and retired to Hutton Rudby. He joined the Club in 1999, waiting 5 months for induction after his application was approved. Keith attended the funeral at All Saints, Hutton Rudby and made a small donation on behalf of the Club. One minute’s silence was observed in his memory.
1. There were 33 Members present with 11 apologies. Chris Stirk and Alan Turnbull were both in hospital. David Fordy was undergoing chemotherapy.
2. The Minutes of the Business Meeting of 20th January were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising.
4. There were no New Members at the Meeting.
5. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
6. In the absence of the Treasurer on holiday, the Chairman reported that the costs of using the Town Hall would increase because the Club was now classed as a local non-
The Website Manager suggested that a Remembrance page be opened on the website. This would record details of a late Member from the time of his death until the end of the following Club year in March. This suggestion was Approved on a show of hands. Stefan also informed the Meeting that the company which had provided the platform for the website was no longer supporting it. This may cause problems in the future. However, funding a new platform and rebuilding the website would be a big commitment. He would keep Members informed.
The Secretary said that no nominations had been received for elections to the Committee at the AGM. The Treasurer wished to stand down but was willing to stay for one year only. The other 2 retiring Committee Members were standing for re-
The Speaker Finder had completed the programme of Speakers for 2018/19 and Stefan had printed this for Members. The Chairman thanked both Keith and Stefan for their contributions.
7. The next Members’ Lunch will be at the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby on 4th April. So far 5 Members and 2 Guests have confirmed that they will attend. Hard copies of the menu were available. Keith invited suggestions for the venue for lunch in the autumn.
8. The trip to Ryedale Vineyards and Beningbrough Hall was about to be confirmed. Lunches will be available at Beningbrough Hall. 3 more Members and 3 Guests were added to the list at the Meeting making a total of 13 Members and 10 Guests going on the Trip. For the Autumn trip, Goddard House near York, home of the Terry family was a possibility. Meals are only available near Christmas. If Members so wished they could spend the day in York itself instead of visiting the house.
9. AOB. Keith congratulated David Bryson on his 90th birthday and presented him with a birthday card and a book. Fun Draw prizes were a book entitled ‘The History of Britain in 50 Buildings’ won by David Bryson and the National Trust Book of the Coast, won by Mike Humphrey.
10. The Next Meeting will be on Tuesday 17th April 2018. The Speaker will be Ted Parker on ‘The Trans-
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..