Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 15/08/17
1. There were 33 Members present and 11 Apologies. The Chairman welcomed
back those Members who had missed several Meetings.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 18th July were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. The Chairman welcomed Ian Mitchell introduced by David Bryson and John
Foster introduced by Harry Bowes as new Members.
5. Alan Cross was present as a Guest of Peter Robinson.
6. The Treasurer, Secretary, Website Manager and Speaker Finder all had nothing
7. The Chairman noted that the Committee had considered four options for the
venue for the Members’ Lunch on 4th October. The decision had been made to go
to Tocketts Mill as suggested by Maj Chuhan and Norris Wilson. He distributed
hard copies of the menu to Members who did not use the internet.
8. Keith confirmed plans for the next trip on 27th September to Sunderland Glass
Centre and Souter Lighthouse. It would start at the Glass Centre where there
would be a 10% discount in the shop. Tea/coffee and a scone will be provided.
After lunch at Bellini’s, the trip would conclude with a visit to Souter Lighthouse.
The cost will be £26 for non-
To this must be added the cost of a meal at Bellini’s, which will be paid by
Members and Guests at the restaurant. The day will be fairly full and will return
between 5 and 6pm. Pick-
09.05 in Stokesley High Street and 09.15 in Hutton Rudby.
The next trip has been provisionally proposed for Wednesday 6 th June 2018. The
initial proposal is for a two hour visit to Ryedale Vineyard, north of York. It is
suggested that this will be followed by a visit to either Nunnington Hall or
Beningbrough Hall. Both are National Trust properties which serve lunches. The
cost is likely to be approximately £27 for non-
9. The prizes in the Fun Draw were ‘Mammoth Books of Logical Brain Games’. They
were won by Colin Hinton, David Fordy, David Storry and Peter Robinson.
10. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 12th September. This will be the second
Tuesday of the month, because the Stokesley Fair will be in the town the
following week. The speaker will be Mike Mannix on ‘The Battle of Gallipoli’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date………………