1. There were 31 Members present and 13 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There were no Guests at the meeting.
5. 38 Members and Guests will be going to Anything Goes in York on 3rd June. The booking is confirmed and tickets will be given to Members at the meeting after they have been received. The coach will pick up at the usual places ie Great Ayton, Stokesley and Hutton Rudby. Reminders will be sent shortly beforehand.
6. The Chairman proposed that the second trip of the year should be to the Blacksheep brewery in Masham followed by a visit to Ripon Cathedral. The pickups would be from the usual points and the coach would arrive at the brewery by about 10.30. The tour will take about 1¼ hours to be followed by lunch at about 12.15. After lunch, the coach will arrive in Ripon at about 14.00. We will be given a guided tour of the cathedral and leave at about 15.30. The cost would be about £15, not including lunch. The brewery provides good quality meals at a reasonable price. There is no obligation to eat at the brewery and there are other places nearby. A permit to take photographs in the cathedral will cost £2.50 and needs to be purchased in advance. A show of hands indicated support for this trip. There are links on the club website giving details of the brewery and the cathedral. The programme of Events for 2015 is:
1st April Members only Lunch at Jet Miners Arms, Great Broughton
3rd June Theatre trip for Members & Guests to ‘Anything Goes’, York
5th August Trip for Members & Guests to Blacksheep brewery & Ripon Cathedral
30th Sept Members only Lunch (Venue TBC)
15th Dec Christmas Lunch for Members & Guests, Wainstones Hotel
7. Committee Reports
Treasurer’s report: The Treasurer was on holiday. The Chairman requested that any remaining cheques for the theatre trip should be sent to him.
The Secretary had nothing to report. The Chairman noted that Partners and Friends were both mentioned in the Club Ethos. Friends will be welcome on all trips.
The Website Manager apologised for his absence. Minutes of the last Meeting were on the website.
The Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
8. The Members’ Lunch will be held at the Jet Miners Arms in Great Broughton on 1st April. Preordering will be helpful to the kitchen. Members were asked to advise the Chairman of their choices. The cost including tea/coffee and gratuity will be £14 for 2 and £17 for 3 courses
9. AOB. The prizes in the fun draw were a book ‘Mapping the Roads’ won by David Storey and ‘The A303’ won by Bob Ashby.
10. The next meeting will be on Tuesday 17th March. Steve Ashton will talk on the Tees Valley Wildlife Trust.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..