Minutes of the 327th business meeting held at 11.00 in Stokesley Town Hall on Tuesday 20th
1. There were 36 Members present, 1 Guest and 3 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There was one Guest, Bob Clay, at the meeting.
5. Christmas lunch was held at the Wainstones in Great Broughton. 32 Members and 26 guests attended. There were 6 apologies. The Christmas lunch this year will be on Tuesday 15th December and in 2016, the date has been fixed as Tuesday 20th December. Thanks were expressed to David Middleton for once again organising a very successful event.
6. The trip to see Anything Goes has been booked. 40 seats have been booked and 38 have been taken. Seats on the coach are available to anybody who wants to visit York without going to the theatre at £10 per head.
7. A trip to the Black Sheep brewery at Masham is a likely second trip this year. Smaller group trips may be arranged. Initially these may be arranged through the Chairman. A proposal is that if a Member wishes to go to an event and is prepared to take other Members in his car, he will let the Chairman know. Possible examples would be a day at Durham Riverside or an afternoon at Kingston Park.
8. A new Committee Member has been co-
9. Committee Reports
Treasurer’s report: 20 Members had paid for the trip to Anything Goes. David Middleton requested that remaining payments of £35 each or £10 for the coach trip only, should be made to him before 25th January or to the Chairman after that date.
The Secretary had nothing to report.
The Website Manager apologised for his absence, but had nothing to report.
The Speaker Finder had completed the arrangements for the next 15 months and programmes were issued to Members. Thanks were given to Dick Hawkins for his hard work in finding an excellent and varied group of Speakers.
10. Any other business.
Jack Candlin has a Hornby Dublo railway set which he would like to give away. If no Member wants it, it will be given to charity.
Prizes in the Fun Draw were a Zen calendar and diary, a BBC Look North calendar and two RHS diaries. Chris Lee won the Zen calendar and diary, Amara Jayaweera the BBC Look North calendar and Chris Stirk and Dan Humphrey the diaries.
11. The next meeting will be on Tuesday 17th February. Gordon Henderson will talk on Roman Armour.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..