The Probus Club of Stokesley and District
Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 17/07/18
As previously advised to Members with email, the Chairman informed the Meeting that David Fordy had passed away on 6th July. He will speak more about David at the August Meeting.
1. There were 34 Members present with 6 apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Business Meeting of 19 th June were accepted as a true record.
The Chairman expressed his praise and appreciation on the quality of the Minutes, particularly noting the additional information for Members on the Speaker Notes. This was received with applause from Members.
3. The June Fun Draw prizes of War Stories which had not been available at the Meeting were handed to the winners, Michael Sheffield and David Bryson.
4. There were no new Members.
5. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
6. The Treasurer reported that the number of Members was 48. David Fordy had passed away and David Huston had not renewed his Membership because of ill health. The Secretary requested those Members who had not signed the Form giving onsent to their personal data being kept on the Club Membership List to do so. The Website Manager and Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
7. The proposed visit to Nissan had been deferred until next year because of communications difficulties. 11 Members and 11 Guests with 8 Apologies had booked to join the trip to Whitby and Glaisdale on 29th August. 2 more Members and 2 Guests booked at the Meeting. The day would be spent with 2 hours free time in Whitby before travelling to the Arncliffe Arms in Glaisdale for a meal. The party would then go to the Esk Valley Theatre for a performance of Noel Coward’s ‘Private Lives’.
Preordering of meals will be necessary from a menu which will be circulated. The cost will not be more than £33 per person.
The trip to York on Friday 30th November will take a coach to Goddard House followed by the Treasurer’s House. Seating will be reserved for lunch to be paid for separately. A guided tour of the Minster will be available at a cost of approximately
£9. Following this, there will be time to visit the Christmas Market. The coach home will leave at about 4.30pm. To date, 12 Members and 10 Guests have booked with 9 Apologies. The cost will be approximately £29 for National Trust Members and £36 for non-
Les Miserables will be at the Newcastle Theatre Royal in 2019. It is proposed that Probus will go to the matinee performance on 26th September. The cost of tickets will be £65 in the Grand Circle and £52 in the Upper Circle. The coast of the coach will be extra. To date 6 Members and 4 Guests have booked with 13 Apologies. Tickets will sell out very quickly, so please let Keith know if you wish to go.
8. Keith welcomed back those Members who have missed several Meetings. The Fun Draw prizes were books ‘Highlands -
9. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 21st August when the Speaker will be David Maudsley on ‘Stokesley Now and Then’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..