Minutes of business meeting held at 11.25 on 17/04/18
1. There were 33 Members present with 5 apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Business Meeting of 17th April were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising.
4. Wilf Elliott was present as a New Member, nominated by Norris Wilson and seconded by Keith Burton.
5. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
6. To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, Members were invited to sign a Consent Form to be included on the Club Membership List. All Members present did so.
7. The Treasurer said that he had received most of the Annual Subscriptions and payments for the trip to Ryedale Vineyards and Beningbrough Hall.
The Secretary and Speakerfinder had nothing to report. The Website Manager was absent.
8. The Chairman noted that in April 2019, the Terms of Office of the Chairman, Secretary, an Ordinary Committee Member and the Auditor would all expire. The Treasurer had intimated that he will not wish to continue beyond that date.
9. 12 Members had enjoyed lunch at the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby on 4th April. Gary Turner had won a DVD of Easter Parade. The next Members Lunch will be at the Royal Oak in Great Ayton on 3rd October. The spring 2019 Lunch will be at the Blacksmith’s Arms in Swainby provisionally on 3rd April.
10. For the trip to Ryedale Vineyards and Beningbrough Hall on 6th June, the pickup points were confirmed as:
Buck Inn Great Ayton at 08.30
Stokesley Town Hall at 08.40
Hutton Rudby at 8.50
John Richardson’s house at 08.55
National Trust Members should bring their Membership cards.
For future Theatre Trips the following were considered and rejected: The Rat Pack, Jersey Boys, Cliff Richard and Sheridan Smith. Possibilities for 2019 included Kynren, Lumiere Durham and Auckland Castle. Les Miserables will be staged in Newcastle between 15/08/19 and 08/10/19. Tickets will be on sale from 19th June 2018 and therefore a decision will be required at the June Meeting. A trip to York in late November or early December was attractive to Members. This could include a trip to Goddard House, a tour of the Minster or just free time in the City.
11. There was no Other Business. 22 Members accepted copies of The Detective’s Daughter, a murder mystery by Lesley Thomson.
12. The Next Meeting will be on Tuesday 19th June 2018. The Speaker will be Mike Mannix on ‘The Last Great Battle of WW1’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..