Minutes of business meeting held at 11.15 on 20/02/18
1. There were 36 Members present with 8 apologies
2. The Minutes of the Extraordinary General Meeting of 16th January were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising.
4. The Minutes of the Business Meeting of 16th January were accepted as a true record.
5. There were no matters arising.
6. The Chairman noted that Bob Scott was a New Member but that he was on holiday.
7. Bill Graham attended the Meeting as a Guest of Colin Hinton.
8. The Treasurer had nothing to report.
The Website Manager was absent but had made no report.
The Secretary called for Nominations for the positions of Treasurer, Website Manager and Ordinary Committee Member, whose Terms of Office will expire at the AGM in April. David Middleton wishes to retire, but is willing to continue for one year if no Nomination for the position is received. Both Stefan Barnes and Keith Bell are willing to continue if they are re-
The Speaker Finder reported that he was still looking for 1 or 2 Speakers for the 2018/19 season.
9. The next Members’ Lunch will be at the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby on 4th April. The Chairman will circulate the menu, but there is no need to pre-
10. On 6th June, there will be a trip for Members and Guests to Ryedale Vineyards in the morning followed by a visit to Beningbrough Hall, which is a National Trust property. Please let Keith know if you would like to go, because a deposit is now required. The Autumn trip was yet to be decided. The programmes at the Theatre Royal, Sunderland Empire, Darlington Hippodrome and Grand Opera House do not include the kinds of shows which have been attractive to Members in the past. Stefan Barnes has suggested Goddard House near York which is an Arts and Crafts house built for the Terry family. Guided tours can be arranged.
11. AOB. The Fun Draw prizes were 2 books of Dot to Dot puzzles which were won by John Edwards and Peter Elsdon.
12. The Next Meeting will be on Tuesday 20th March 2018. The Speaker will be Alan Betteney on ‘Norton Ironworks and the Story of Big Ben’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..