Minutes of business meeting held at 11.15 on 16/01/18
1. There were 33 Members present with 13 apologies
2. The Minutes of the Meeting of 21st November were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising
4. The Chairman welcomed Michael Westgarth-
5. Bob Scott attended the Meeting as Guest of Maj Chuhan.
6. The Treasurer reported that 59 people had attended the Christmas Lunch. The Wainstones had not charged the Club for the 3 people who were unable to come because of illness. The Club had made a profit of £2 on the event. Members commented that it was a very good lunch and excellent value for money. There was a lack of agreement on whether Yorkshire Pudding should be served with Turkey!
The Secretary, Website Manager and Speaker Finder had nothing to report
7. The Treasure noted that the NatWest Bank in Stokesley will close in June 2018. He will review the services available thereafter to ensure that the account still meets the needs of the Club.
8. Following discussion on a choice of venue for the Members Lunch on 4th April, it was decided that it will be at the Bay Horse in Hutton Rudby.
9. It was decided that the trip to the Ryedale Vineyard on 6th June would conclude with a visit to Beningbrough Hall. Keith Bell suggested a trip to St. James Park on 24th March to watch Newcastle Falcons play Northampton.
10. AOB. The Chairman thanked Walter Gregory for organising the traditional sherry and mincepies for the January Meeting. He also thanked Derek Whiting for writing an article in the Evening Gazette giving publicity to the Club’s visit to Sunderland Glass Centre and Souter Lighthouse. The Fun Draw prizes of books of favourite Morecambe and Wise scripts by Eddie Braben were won by Dick Hawkins and Chris Stirk.
11. The Next Meeting will be on Tuesday 20th February 2018. The Speaker will be Paul Toplis on ‘Can we afford to eat meat?’
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..