Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 18/07/17
1. There were 36 Members present and 5 Apologies. The Chairman welcomed back several Members who had missed recent Meetings for various reasons.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 16th May were accepted as a true record.
3. Matters Arising: The second winner of the fun draw was Tim Willis.
4. John Foster was present at the Meeting as a Guest of Harry Bowes.
5. The Treasurer reported that the trip to Skinningrove Mining Museum has incurred a loss of 75p. He requested that payment be made for the trip to the Sunderland Glass Centre and Souter Lighthouse be made at the August Meeting.
The Secretary, Website Manager and Speaker Finder all had nothing to report.
6. The Chairman said that four venues were being considered for the Members
Lunch on October 4th
. These were Stainton Inn, Tocketts Mill, the Bay Horse at
Hutton Rudby and the Dudley Arms at Ingleby Greenhow. He suggested that the
Committee should consider these at their next Meeting in August and make the
decision. This view was supported by Members.
7. Keith summarised plans for the next trip on 27th September to Sunderland Glass centre and Souter Lighthouse. It would start at the Glass Centre where there would be a demonstration of glass blowing. A 10% discount would be given in the shop and tea/coffee and a scone will be provided. After lunch at Bellini’s, a very highly rated Italian restaurant, the trip would conclude with a visit to Souter
Lighthouse. So far 10 Members and 8 Guests have booked to go with 3 Apologies. The final cost will depend on numbers, but is likely to be approximately £25 for non-
To this must be added the cost of a meal at Bellini’s, where there is a very extensive menu.
The Chairman had made preliminary investigations into a trip to Ryedale Vineyard which is about 10 miles north of York. The visit would involve a short walk followed by a talk in the winery, where the process would be explained and wine tasting with nibbles and a visit to the shop to conclude. Possible second stages of the trip would be a visit to Housham Mill, the National Centre for Birds of Prey, the Yorkshire Lavender Farm or Nunnington Hall. This trip is planned for June 2018 and there is therefore no need for any early decisions.
8. A former Member, Alan Crosskill had asked Keith if a Member would be willing to transport a retired ICI Manager who is a resident in Town Close to Meetings. Peter Robinson volunteered to do this, although an alternative arrangement might be needed when there is a Committee Meeting.
The prizes in the Fun Draw were mixed baskets of fruit from Grainger’s greengrocery in Stokesley. They were won by Brian Nicholls and David Fordy.
9. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 15th August. The speaker will be Pam Towse on ‘Travels on a Camel’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..