Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 20/06/17
1. There were 30 Members present and 8 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 16th May were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. Ian Mitchell was present at the Meeting as a Guest of David Bryson.
5. The Treasurer and the Secretary had nothing to report.
The Website Manager apologised for his absence but the Chairman reported on his behalf that the Club Website had not affected by the WannaCrypt cyber attack which had affected many computers throughout the world.
The Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
6. The Chairman had visited the Stainton Inn to assess its suitability for the Members’ Lunch on 4th October. The menu included a number of old favourites for dessert including Jam Roly Poly and Spotted Dick. The pub itself is in the cheap and cheerful category, but is suitable for the Lunch. He had received a suggestion of Tocketts Mill for the Lunch proposed for April 4th 2018.
7. 17 Members and 8 Guests had enjoyed the Trip to Skinningrove Mining Museum and Grinkle Park Hotel. There had been a lot to see in the time available at the Museum and a slightly longer tour would have been welcome. The meal had been excellent and very good value for money. A Member noted that the Chairman had again negotiated a very good deal for the trippers. The next trip will be on 27th September to the Sunderland Glass Centre, Bellini’s Restaurant and Souter Lighthouse. The cost is likely to be about £20 for National Trust Members and £25 for Non-
A suggestion from Stefan Barnes for 2018 was for a trip to the Ryedale Vineyard near York.
8. The prizes in the Fun Draw were The Times books on D-
9. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 18th July. The speaker will be Arthur Dodds on ‘Sanctuary at the Cathedral’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..