Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 16/05/17
1. There were 33 Members present and 11 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 21st March were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There were no Guests at the Meeting. The Chairman welcomed Graham Howard
as a New Member. He informed the Meeting that Jim King and David Chadwick
had resigned from the Club, because of their child-
5. The Treasurer had received 37 subscriptions, with 10 outstanding. He reminded
Members that those who had gone to the Evita trip should deduct £3.50 per
person from the £22 annual subscription.
The Secretary had received a flyer advertising Group Trips. At a cost of up to
£800 per person, there was little interest in these.
The Website Manager was on holiday in Vietnam and had nothing to report.
The new Speaker Finder had nothing to report. The Chairman thanked the
recently retired Dick Hawkins for producing this year’s programme.
6. There was general agreement amongst the 10 Members who went to the
Members’ Lunch on 5th April, that it had been a success with good food in
pleasant surroundings. The Chairman said that the provisional dates for the next
Lunches were 4th October and 4th April. He invited suggestions for venues
and comments for suggested improvements.
7. The trip to Evita on 29th March had been enjoyed by 21 Members and 21 Guests.
There had been 5 Apologies. The next trip to Skinningrove Mining Museum
followed by lunch at Grinkle Park Hotel would be on 7th June. The cost would be
£31 for a 2 course meal or £33 for 3 courses. This included admission to the
Mining Museum, transport by coach, a glass of wine with the meal, coffee and a
gratuity, all negotiated by our Chairman. The menu had been circulated and he
asked for people to let him know their food choices. At present, 14 Members and
8 Guests had booked with 7 Apologies. There would be no problem in
accommodating late additions.
The ‘Crazy for You’ trip had been cancelled on cost grounds.
The trip to Sunderland Glass Centre, Bellini’s and Souter Lighthouse on 27
September would include tea/coffee and a scone on arrival and a 10% discount
in the Glass Centre shop. The cost will be approximately £20 for National Trust
Members and £25 for Non-
far, with 1 Apology. Members were asked to let Keith know if they wanted to go.
8. The prizes in the Fun Draw were reference books on The Rose. They were won
by Brian Aston, Alan Turnbull and Keith Bell.
9. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 20th June. The speaker will be Colin Hart on
‘Skinningrove Social History & Development due to Ironstone Mining &
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..