Minutes of the business meeting 348th meeting held at 10.00 in Stokesley Town Hall on uesday 15th November 2016:
1. There were 35 Members present and 6 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 18th October were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
5. Committee Reports. The Treasurer asked Members to make payment for the Christmas Lunch and to make their menu choices. The date for the 2017 Christmas Lunch has been fixed for Tuesday 12th December and the Treasurer will book this at the Wainstones Hotel again. 32 Members and Guests have booked for the trip to Castle Howard on 30th November.
The Secretary, Website Manager and Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
6. The Chairman had investigated two suggested venues for Members’ Lunches in 2017. Judges offered 2 courses for £20 and 3 for £25. Together with sides at £4 each and coffee at £5, this seemed expensive. The menu at Acklam Hall looked a bit basic for the prices advertised. There was no mention of starters or deserts. Keith had produced a map showing where Members live and the locations of the restaurants where Members’ Lunches had been held in recent years. Jim Gannon suggested that the likes of Crathorne Arms and Judges were trying to establish reputations for fine dining and that village pubs might be more suitable. This subject will be discussed again at the next Meeting. A return to one of the previously successful venues would be a possibility.
7. 32 Members and Guests had booked to go to Castle Howard, but there would be space on the coach for more. Those wishing to join should ring the Chainman. It is not possible to book meals in advance, but no delays in serving meals were anticipated. Last year’s problems should not be repeated.
8. The Chairman had researched a number of possibilities for Trips in 2017. Suitable concerts were difficult to identify, because of different individuals’ tastes. La Boheme, Evita and Remembering Fred would be on stage in the next few months. There will be live music at the Sage and at Fountains Abbey. The Souter Lighthouse, a National Trust property might be of interest. Entrance for non-
9. AOB. The fun draw prizes were Giant Christmas Crackers won by Keith Bell and Jack Candlin.
10. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 17th January, when there will be sherry and mince pies. The speaker will be Gary Booth on ‘William Shakespeare’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..