Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 19/07/16
1. There were 36 Members present and 6 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the Meeting on 21st June were accepted as a true record.
3. Matters arising: The Minutes stated incorrectly that Hugh Charman had retired from the Stokesley Society in March 2016. They should have said that Hugh retired as Chairman in April 2015, but remains a member of the Society.
4. There were no New Members at the Meeting.
5. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
6. Committee Reports. The Treasurer and Membership Secretary reported that the number of Members remained unchanged and that there was nothing to report on financial matters.
The Website Manager, Secretary and Speaker Finder all had nothing to report.
7. The Chairman requested that any meal bookings for the trip to Tennants Auctioneers in Leyburn on 3rd August be made within the next week. The cost of the trip will be £32 per head. He reminded Members of the menu choices and said he would email the information out again. The coach will pick up Members at the Buck in Great Ayton at 09.15, in Stokesley at 09.20 and in Hutton Rudby at 09.30.To date, 13 Members and 17 Guests had booked and there had been 8 Apologies.
For the trip to Castle Howard on 30th November, 11 Members and 15 Guests had booked so far. There had been 5 Apologies. The details of the visit were unaltered from last month.
8. AOB. Liz Kirkpatrick had sent a ‘Thank You’ to the Club for their thoughts and kind words following John’s death. Margaret Brabin had let Keith know that former Member Dick Grunwell would be 93 on 20th July. Derek Whiting passed on an invitation to the Stokesley Engineers Annual Dinner to mark the Queen’s 90th Birthday. Any Member who had been an Engineer and is in his 90th year will be welcome as a Guest. The Guest of Honour this year will be the Lord Lieutenant of North Yorkshire.
The Fun Draw prizes were a set of books about battles. They were won by Garry Turner and Geoff Phillips
9. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 17th August. The speaker will be Barry Kay on ‘Confessions of a Rugby Referee’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..