Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 15/03/16
1. On a very cold and icy day, there were 36 Members present and 9 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. Matters arising: There had been 9 Apologies at the last Meeting rather than 8 as
4. John Edwards, a Guest of Keith Burton was welcomed by the Chairman.
5. Keith Waller reported on Bill Skinner’s funeral. He had attended a Memorial
Service with Mike and Dan Humphrey and John Richardson following the
interment for family only. He brought an Order of Service to the Meeting. There
had been no eulogy at the service, but Keith gave a moving account of Bill’s
family and professional life which was followed by a minute’s silence.
6. The Secretary reported on proposed changes to the Club Constitution and Ethos.
These will be proposed at the AGM for Members’ Approval. The main changes
cover the removal of the limit on the maximum number of Ordinary Committee
Members and changes to the Co-
resigns. He will circulate the proposed new Constitution and Ethos by email. Hard
copies were available at the end of the Meeting.
7. Committee Reports. The Treasurer reported that Maj Chuhan had been Co-
to replace Geoff Phillips as Auditor. Members will be asked to Appoint Maj for a
Term of 3 years at the AGM. The Annual Subscription for the next year, payable
by 30th April, is proposed as £22, unchanged from the current year.
The Secretary and Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
Stefan Barnes had Apologised for his absence, but had provide Speaker
Programme cards for the next year, which the Chairman distributed.
8. The Pearl Anniversary of the Club will be marked at the AGM. Wine, tea, coffee
and an Anniversary Cake will be provided. Derek Whiting will take a photo of the
cake at the beginning of next month’s Meeting.
9. A Members’ Lunch will be held at Chadwicks in Maltby on Wednesday 6th April.
The Chairman will circulate the menu. Making choices in advance will help the
kitchen staff, but this is not essential. The cost will be £15 for 2 courses and £18
for 3, including gratuity.
10. The first Trip will be to the Aston Martin Workshops. The programme will be a
tour of the workshops from 10.30 to 12.30 followed by a 2 course lunch, which
must be pre-
discussion that the date will be 8th June and that we will not go to Beamish in the
afternoon. The Chairman will circulate details. The second trip will be on 3rd
August to Tennants Auction House in Leyburn. The cost would be £18 for a 1/2
day tour including refreshments or £25 for a full day including a hot lunch and
other refreshments. The coach would add about £10. Keith will also send out
details of this trip. A visit to Castle Howard at Christmas was suggested for 30th
November, when there will be tour guides, a Christmas Market, gift shops, cafes
and restaurants. The £26 cost includes admission to the historic house.
11. Brian Aston has supplied some of the missing names of those on the photograph
of the Christmas 1991 lunch. The winners of the Fun Draw were Geoff Phillips
and John Richardson. The prizes were Easter Parade DVDs.
12. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 19th April. The speaker will be Alan
Clements on ‘Sound of Impact’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..