Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 16/02/16
1. On a very cold and icy day, there were 31 Members present and 8 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. Matters arising: Keith pointed out that under Item 6, the photographs were of the 1991 lunch which was not the first. Under Item 7, Dick’s term of office as Speaker Finder ends in 2017.
4. There will be a Memorial Service for Bill Skinner on Friday 19th February. Keith will give a eulogy at the March Meeting.
5. There were no Guests at the Meeting.
6. The Secretary advised that no Nominations had yet been received for the role of Chairman.
7. Committee Reports. The Treasurer was on holiday in Thailand. There was nothing to report. However, Geoff Phillips had stood down as auditor because of ill health. The Committee had co-
The Secretary, Website Manager and Speaker Finder all had nothing to report.
Keith said that Stefan will issue Programme Cards for the next year at the March Meeting.
8. The provisional dates for Members Lunches were 6th April and 5th October. After the Chairman had said that the cost for 2 courses at Chadwicks would be £15 nd £18 for 3 courses, the Meeting agreed on a show of hands to go there in April. These costs include a gratuity. We shall meet at 12.30 for 1.00. As
previously, Members will be invited to pre-
9. A number of possible trips was discussed. A combination of the Lavender Farm, Hovingham Hall and York (any 2), the Aston Martin workshops and Beamish museum, Leeds Grand Theatre to see ‘Guys and Dolls’, Harewood House, a visit to Tennants Auction House in Leyburn and a day trip to the Lake District were considered. Trips to the Boulby Potash mine and to the Steamboat Museum at Windermere were not possible because both are currently closed. Following votes by a show of hands, the favoured options were the Aston Martin Workshops/Beamish Museum on Wednesday 1st June and Tennants Auction House on Wednesday 3rd August.
10. AOB. If any Member has not received a Name Badge or has lost his, please let Keith know and he will arrange it.
The prizes in the Fun Draw were Giles cartoons ‘The Collection 2016’. The winners were Mike Lawrenson and Jim King.
11. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 15th March. The speaker will be Peter Appleton on ‘Our Northern Heritage’.