Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 18/11/14
Keith opened the meeting by reporting that Bill Skinner is much better.
1. There were 33 members present and 11 apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There were no Guests at the meeting.
5. The committee has looked at a list from Derek Whiting and other suggestions from members for trips. Of the 55 possibilities, there will probably be two in 2015. One of these will be the theatre trip to Anything Goes. For other trips, smaller visits using members’ cars or a minibus might be attractive.The committee will discuss the second in January. 30 seats have already been booked. Coach seats are available at £10 for members who do not want to go the theatre. The money needs to be paid by the 19th January. Seats will be in the Dress Circle and some of these will be suitable for taller people.
6. Looking Back. Ways of reducing the information to be loaded on to the website are being looked at.
7. Treasurer’s Report. 53 members and guests have booked for the Christmas Lunch at the Wainstones.
Secretary – Nothing to report.
Website manager – Stefan said that the website Home page now has a ‘members’ interest’ button. There is a new Looking Back section. The Trips section has a link to the theatre website for Anything Goes.
Speaker Finder – Nothing to Report
8. The Theatre Royal in Newcastle have advised that they now have a Companion Card policy which gives free access to carers. Hugh Charman said that he will be giving a talk to the Stokesley Society on Monday 24th November on the Stokesley Flax Mill. The winners of the fun draw were Mike Brabin who won a Best of Friends Advent candle and Mike Irvine who won a Christmas Baubles candle.
9. The next event will be the Christmas Lunch at the Wainstones Hotel on 16th December. The next meeting will be on 20th January, when the speaker will be Chris Lloyd. His subject will be ‘Attacking the Devil and Sinking the Unsinkable: W. Stead & the Titanic. Before the talk Walter Gregory will organise sherry and mince pies.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..