Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 17/06/14
1. There were 28 members present and 16 apologies.
2. The minutes of the last meeting held on 20th May were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no matters arising from the Minutes.
4. There were no guests at this month’s meeting.
5. Committee reports: The Treasurer and Secretary had nothing to report. Stefan Barnes gave details of the new website which is now in operation. This has been created from scratch. Unfortunately, the software which Stefan has used has no templates and this has slowed progress. It does not work perfectly with tablets or mobile phones. It is much more secure than the previous website and at present the cost is £36 per annum. The site has 198 pages at present and Stefan has requested that members let him know if they find any errors. He will add a Home button to every page. The chairman said that Stefan’s efforts in replacing the previous site were much appreciated and proposed a Vote of Thanks which was passed unanimously.
6. The chairman had reported last month that Terry Wilkinson had withdrawn because he had resumed full time employment. Since then John Crocker, Arthur Greenwell and Peter Scholes have all resigned. Keith emphasised the importance of attracting new members. The current membership is 49 paying and 4 honorary members.
7. Eden Camp – Report. This item was covered in last month’s meeting.
8. Top Hat trip – update. Keith had arranged an extension of 2 days for the fixing of final numbers and payment. Members were asked to let him know urgently if they wished to be added to the list. The show will last 2 hours 45 minutes.
9. Derek Whiting had sent Keith a list of 50 suggested trips, which was received with thanks. A separate suggestion was made for a trip to the Aston Martin workshops at Beamish. These will all be considered at the beginning of next year. On August 28th, Canadian Warplane Heritage are bringing a Lancaster to Teesside Airport
10. The recently published Stokesley Town Hall brochure which had been distributed to local residents is available from the office in the Town Hall. Rooms are booked by the hour under recent changes to pricing. A reduction in the number of committee meetings and the general meetings taking 2 hours has led to a reduction in our costs. This has not been well received by the Town Hall Committee. They have levied a £10 discretionary charge which had never been mentioned during our negotiations. Keith has raised this with Councillor Smallwood in the hope that this can be withdrawn. Separately from this matter, Keith has resigned from the Town Hall Committee because of his other commitments.
11. AOB. Phil Burton drew the winners of this month’s prizes – Chris Stirk and Derek Whiting.
12. The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 15th July at 10.00. The speaker will be Mr. Keith Burton and his subject will be ‘Stokesley people and the Great War’.