Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 08/09/15
1. There were 27 Members present and 14 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There was one Guest: Maj Chuhan who was a guest of David Middleton.
5. The Chairman was very pleased to welcome back several Members who had unavoidably missed several meetings.
The Treasurer had nothing to report.
The Secretary noted that 3 Members of the Committee would reach the end of their Terms of Office at the AGM in April 2016. It appeared that there would be less difficulty in finding Ordinary Members of the Committee, but the Chairman would be standing down after 5 years. The Secretary asked Members to consider being Nominated for this position. Keith had given huge energy and enthusiasm and the Committee did not want anyone to feel that his would be too difficult an act to follow. Sharing of some of the work Keith had done might be a good idea. The Chairman’s role is vital to the effective running of the Club and the Secretary or the Chairman would welcome interest from any Member, particularly those who have not served on the Committee previously. For all Office Holders, a period of transition might be beneficial to the effective running of the Club.
The Website Manager was absent but the Chairman reminded Members that Name Badges were available. If any Name is missing, please let Keith know.
The Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
6. There was insufficient interest in the trip to Lavender Farm at Terrington suggested by Margaret Wilson.
7. The next Members’ Lunch will be at the Dudley Arms on 30th September. The cost will be £10 for the meal (including tip), regardless of the number of courses. Only two Members had preordered so far, but a show of hands indicated that there would be a good attendance on the day. The Chairman noted that the Dudley Arms would be the cheapest venue of those chosen in the recent past, but that Chadwicks and the Crathorne Arms which were being considered for the next lunch were much more expensive.
8. AOB. Arthur Bartley, a Founder Member of the Club died on 6th September in James Cook Hospital. He was Chairman in 1986-
Brian Aston will be moving from Tamebridge to Stokesley to downsize.
The Chairman thanked Alwyn Boulby for donating 3 books as prizes for the Fun Draw. Alwyn drew Members attention to the display at Goodwood by 40 Hurricanes and Spitfires to mark the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain. BBC Radio 2’s ‘The Battle of Britain at 75’ will be shown at the Showcase Cinema on Friday 18th September. All profits will go to RAF charities.
The prizes in the Fun Draw were won by David Bryson, Dan Humphrey and David Middleton.
The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 20th October 2015. Colin Hinton will talk on ‘What’s Happened to Supermarkets’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..