The Probus Club of Stokesley and District
Minutes of the 332nd meeting held at 10.00 in Stokesley Town Hall on Tuesday 16th June 2015
Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 16/06/15
1. There were 33 Members present and 13 Apologies.
2. David Hughes has resigned owing to poor health. He is now living in the Mount Vale care home in Northallerton.
3. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
4. There were no Matters Arising.
5. The Committee had approved the purchase of blank Name Badges. Keith had produced one in simple forename format for each Member. However the view of the membership is that they would prefer the formal style with name & surname. Name cards and holders were passed to Stefan by the Chairman. Stefan will work his magic to complete the process.
6. There was one Guest at the meeting, Malcolm Darcy, a Guest of John Richardson.
7. The Chairman distributed the remaining refunds for the York Theatre trip.
The Treasurer reported that 42 Members have paid their Annual Subscription.
The Secretary was absent on holiday and the Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
Stefan Barnes, who was absent, had requested the Chairman to ask the members to tell him if there were any issues with the new club website.
8. The trip to the Black Sheep Brewery and Ripon Cathedral on 5th August has been booked & the cost will be £15 per person, including the coach. Full details are on the club website. Members were requested to contact Keith to book and David Middleton to make payment.
9. The next Members’ Lunch will be at the Dudley Arms in Ingleby Greenhow on 30th Sept.
10. Following the cancellation of the theatre trip to ‘Anything Goes’, the Chairman held a Fun Draw restricted to Members who had booked in. CDs were won by David Bryson and David Fordy. The Chairman discussed the possibility of further theatre trips & welcomed feedback.
11. AOB. The train set donated by Jack Candlin raised £190.96 for the Brain Tumour Charity. The Auction costs were paid by Keith, who presented a reference book on Trains to Jack as a ‘Thank You’.
Derek Whiting’s pictures have been featured again in Now and Then and in the Town Crier. Keith presented one of Derek’s photos to Chris Stirk and gave a copy of Derek’s photograph of this year’s Committee to every member.
The Chairman paid respects to Seymour Halkett, a past Member who has passed away.
The Chairman informed Members that Amara Jayaweera had resigned following the sale of his house and his move to London.
Keith also informed Members that Bob Ashby had retained his Membership but will be moving to Surrey once his house has been sold.
The Fun Draw prize was a set of 3 books on Trains. They were won by Harry Bowes.
12. The next Meeting will be on Tuesday 21st July 2015. Paul Forster will talk on ‘Natural History Highlights of 2014’.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..