Minutes of business meeting held at 11.00 on 17/03/15
1. There were 38 Members present and 8 Apologies.
2. The Minutes of the last Meeting were accepted as a true record.
3. There were no Matters Arising.
4. There were no Guests at the meeting.
5. The next Members’ Lunch will at the Jet Miners’ Inn in Great Broughton on 1 st April.
To date, 6 Members have emailed their menu choices to the Chairman. Pre-
is not necessary, but it is a help to the kitchen if they have advance notice of some
meals. If anyone wishes to pre-
March. Everyone will be welcome to just turn up on the day at 12.30 for 1.00pm.
6. On 3rd June, there will be a trip to Anything Goes in York. 38 Members and Guests
will travel to York by coach. The Chairman distributed tickets and said that Members
were free to swap seats if they wished. A number of seats will have extra leg room
and he had endeavoured to allocate these to the taller Members. The coach will stop
at the usual pickup points.
7. The second trip of the year will be to the Black Sheep Brewery at Masham followed,
after lunch, by a visit to Ripon Cathedral. At both places, we shall be given a guided
tour. The cost will be Ł15 per head. Lunch is not included, but will be available at the
brewery or in a number of cafes and restaurants in the town.
8. Committee Reports & 9. AGM Issues
Treasurer’s report: The Treasurer stated that the surplus for the year was
approximately Ł140. He will be recommending an increase in the Annual
Subscription from Ł20 to Ł22 for Members’ Approval at the Annual General Meeting.
The Secretary said that following Jeff Bamlett’s resignation because of family
commitments, Keith Bell had been co-
prompted a review of the current Club Ethos and Constitution, which are available on
the Club website. He will email the revised documents to Members for their
consideration. The changes will be put to a vote at the AGM. Keith is willing to stand
Ordinary Committee Member, he is requested to submit a completed Nomination
Form to the Secretary before the AGM.
The Website Manager apologised for his absence. Minutes of the last Meeting were
on the website. The Speaker Finder had nothing to report.
10. AOB. The Chairman distributed Speaker Programme cards to Members who were
not at the last meeting. He highlighted a photograph in the current ‘Town & Village’
taken by Derek Whiting showing some of the Roman armour and weapons brought to
last month’s meeting by Gordon Henderson. The Chairman drew Members’ attention
to Derek’s ‘Talk Up Stokesley’ page, 2 articles on Alwyn Boulby’s fundraising work for
the British Legion and an advert for the Jet Miners’ Inn in the current Town Crier. The
prizes in the fun draw were pairs of rabbit bearing Easter eggs. They were won by
Mike Humphrey, Brian Ashton, David Bryson and Harry Bowes.
11. The next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 21 st April. Peter
Woods will talk on York Potash at Dove’s Nest before the AGM.
Approved by ……………………..………Chairman Date……………………..